Evolution is an example of classic 1920s yacht design combined with the benefits of modern creature comforts.
Price from: £4,960 pp for 8 days
Evolution is an example of classic 1920s yacht design combined with the benefits of modern creature comforts. Accommodation is spread over 3 decks and there is ample room to relax.
Cabins vary in size and design but all have private bathrooms, climate control, safe and plenty of storage space, so comfort is assured. The lounge-bar is the social heart of the boat and this is where the naturalists give talks and presentations about island visits and you can watch DVDs and listen to music. Meals can be taken inside or out, as you choose. They are served buffet style, allowing you to make your own selection of dishes. The sky deck lounge is a great place to chill, enjoy a drink from the bar and survey views of the islands. At the bow you’ll find sun loungers and a jacuzzi.
Evolution is equipped with kayaks, wetsuits and snorkelling equipment so you’ll have opportunities to explore for yourself when not on shore excursions. There’s a shop on board where you can buy gifts and souvenirs. Evolution offers dedicated family cruises with feature a Kid’s Club to keep the young ones busy and entertained. There is a special photographic cruise from the 18th to 25th of January 2020 led by the award-winning National Geographic photographer Harry Skeggs, designed for photographers of any level who are keen to improve their skills among wonderful photographic subjects.
Evolution key features
- Accommodates 32 passengers
- Spacious yacht with lots of areas for relaxation
- Kayaks, snorkelling gear and wetsuits for passenger use
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas
- 2 resident naturalist guides
- Comfortable cabins with modern bathrooms
Galapagos Travel Specialists
Talk to one of our specialists about
a tailor-made Galapagos holiday.
We will listen to you, then give you
great ideas and our best advice.
Call: +44 (0)1473 599082
Itinerary A - 7 nights / 8 days
- SAT: Fly to Baltra. Santa Cruz: Ballena Bay and Eden Islet
- SUN: Isabela: Punta Vicente Roca. Fernandina: Punta Espinosa
- MON: Isabela: Urbina Bay and Tagus Cove
- TUE: Bartolome: Pinnacle Rock and Overlook. Santiago: Sullivan Bay
- WED: Santa Cruz: Bachas Beach and Cerro Dragon
- THU: Santa Cruz: Highlands and Charles Darwin Centre
- FRI: Espanola: Punta Suarez and Gardner Bay / Gardner Islet / Osborn Islet
- SAT: San Cristobal: Interpretation Centre. Depart San Cristobal
Itinerary B - 7 nights / 8 days
- SAT: Fly to San Cristobal. Ochoa Beach / Kicker Rock
- SUN: South Plaza. Santa Cruz: Punta Carrion / Mosquera and Daphne Island
- MON: Santiago: Sombrero Chino and Puerto Egas
- TUE: Genovesa: Darwin Bay and Prince Philip’s Steps
- WED: North Seymour. Santa Fe
- THU: Floreana: Post Office Bay and Punta Cormorant / Devil’s Crown
- FRI: Santa Cruz: Highlands and Charles Darwin Station
- SAT: Santa Cruz: Black Turtle Cove. Depart Baltra
Evolution offers specialist photography cruises. Please contact us for details
All suites and staterooms have individual air conditioning, private bathroom with shower, hand basin, vanity unit, toilet and toiletries. Hairdryers are available. They have plenty of room for storing clothes and luggage, a safe and phone for on-board communication.
There are 3 suites on albatross deck, comprising 2 master queen-bedded suites (A1 & A3), 24.4 square metres and 18.8 square metres respectively, and a twin suite (A2) of 18 sqm, all with 2 windows each. A1 and A3 each has a bathroom porthole
There are 9 premium staterooms on cormorant deck of which 4 (C1, C4, C5 and C9) each has a queen bed, and C2, C3, C6, C7 and C8 have 2 twin beds. C2 can also be configured as a queen bed. C1 is 18 sqm, C2 17 sqm, C3 17.5 sqm, C4 13 sqm, C5 13.5 sqm, C6 15.4 sqm, C7 17.5 sqm, C8 15 sqm and C9 18.4 sqm. All these staterooms have portholes.
|Year of construction:||2003|
|Type:||Expedition cruise ship|
|Accommodation:||Bridge Deck: 3 junior suites; Main Deck: 9 cabins; Lower Deck: 4 cabins. All have climate control and private bathrooms.|
|On Board:||Dining room, outdoor dining area, lounge, bar and jacuzzi on Beagle Deck, outdoor lounge and bar and sun deck on Albatross Deck. Evolution carries kayaks, snorkelling gear and wetsuits.|
|Maximum speed:||12 knots|
|Crew:||18 + 2 guides|
Children’s Offer – 15% off on 7-night sailings the MV Evolution
Valid until 31 Dec 2019
Terms & Conditions: 15 yrs old and younger. 15% discount off normal cruise rates. Maximum of 3 children discounts per family (no exceptions). Based on 2 people sharing. Offers are for NEW bookings only, are subject to availability.
Combine two 7-night cruises and receive 10% discount on the 2nd week!
Valid until 31 Dec 2019
Terms & Conditions: Based on 2 people sharing. Offers are for NEW bookings only, are subject to availability.
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday.
Call 01473 599082 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.