“A very comfortable way to cruise the islands! The rooms were spacious, comfortable and “refreshed” several times a day. The food was delicious at all mealtimes and lunch on deck was a real treat” Donna McGrath
Price from: £5,250pp for 7 days
La Pinta is a popular ship with top class amenities and a crew of 24 looking after up to 48 passengers. She was completely refurbished in 2008 and is exceptionally comfortable.
All cabins have windows, comfy seats, air conditioning and heating controls. There’s plenty of storage space and all have en-suite bathrooms. The main deck houses the reception and large dining room and upstairs there’s an observation lounge and bar plus a sun deck, outdoor bar and hot tub. Extra facilities include a library and conference room, a small gym and a shop.
The crew are attentive and take pride in making your cruise as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. La Pinta has no fewer than 3 naturalist guides who lead shore excursions and are eager to share their knowledge. The boat carries snorkelling gear, kayaks and a glass bottomed boat to supplement island visits and give you additional ways to explore these fascinating islands, their waters and wildlife.
La Pinta also offers 4 and 5 day cruises. Please contact us for details.
Please note that, although unlikely, the itinerary could be subject to change, even at short notice, for various reasons.
Please note the following are not included in the cruise price:
The Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee $100 and Transit Card $20 – payable locally in US dollars
Return flights from Quito to the Galapagos – currently about £400 – £450
Personal expenses and bar consumption
Hire of wetsuits
La Pinta key features
- Accommodates 48 passengers
- A medium size ship with many social areas.
- Smart Voyager certified ship
- Spacious, en-suite cabins, all with outside views
- A 2:1 crew to passenger ratio plus 3 naturalist guides
- Sun deck with jacuzzi and outdoor bar
- Opportunities for snorkelling, kayaing and taking glass bottom boat rides
- Have a look at the yachts’ own website: La Pinta
Galapagos Travel Specialists
Talk to one of our specialists about
a tailor-made Galapagos holiday.
We will listen to you, then give you
great ideas and our best advice.
Call: +44 (0)1473 599082
Western Galapagos Itinerary – 6 nights / 7 days
- FRI: Fly to Baltra. North Seymour
- SAT: Isabela: Punta Vicente Roca. Fernandina: Punta Espinosa
- SUN: Isabela: Urbina Bay and Tagus Cove
- MON: Rabida: Red Beach. Santa Cruz: Cerro Dragon
- TUE: Santa Cruz: Charles Darwin Station and Highlands
- WED: Floreana: Post Office Bay, Punta Cormorant and Champion Islet
- THU: Depart Baltra
Eastern Galapagos Itinerary – 4 nights / 5 days
- THU: Fly to Baltra. South Plaza
- FRI: Santa Fe. San Cristobal: Cerro Colorado Tortoise Breeding Centre
- SAT: San Cristobal: Punta Pitt and Cerro Brujo
- SUN: Espanola: Punta Suarez and Gardner Bay
- MON: Santa Cruz: Charles Darwin Station. Depart Baltra
Northern Galapagos Itinerary – 4 nights / 5 days
- MON: Fly to Baltra. Santa Cruz: Highlands
- TUE: Santa Cruz: Eden Islet. Sombrero Chino
- WED: Bartolome. Santiago: Sullivan Bay
- THU: Genovesa: Darwin Bay and Prince Philips Steps
- FRI: Depart Baltra
There are 20 luxury cabins, of 17.6 square metres, which can be configured as twin or double-bedded rooms. They are air conditioned, have full length windows, closet, MP3 sound system, reading lights and private shower rooms with hot and cold water. Four of the cabins are interconnecting.
There are four luxury plus cabins, located at the stern. They are 23.04 square metres. They can be arranged as twins or doubles as required, and there is separate sofa bed for a third person if needed. Each is air conditioned, has full length windows, MP3 sound system, closet, reading lights and shower room with hot and cold water.
|Year of construction:||1983|
|Type:||Expedition cruise ship|
|Accommodation:||24 cabins comprising 20 twin/doubles and 4 triples, all on the same deck. All have air conditioning, windows and en-suite shower rooms.|
|On Board:||Dining room, reception and boutique on the main deck, observation lounge and bar, library and conference room, gym, sun deck, bar and jacuzzi on the boat deck.|
|Maximum speed:||14 knots|
|Crew:||24 + 3 guides|
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday.
Call 01473 599082 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.