This strikingly modern and stylish lodge is in a splendidly remote setting in pristine cloudforest, a great base from which to explore.
Tucked away in a remote reserve, Mashpi Lodge is a striking sight: a bold, contemporary design incorporating walls of glass. Once indoors there’s a great feeling of space, yet there’s no doubt that the location is still the star, with the plants and trees of the cloudforest dominating the view through the floor-to-ceiling windows.
Guest rooms and suites also have full length windows, bringing the outdoors in. Windows can be opened, too, so you can hear the calls of the birds, frogs and monkeys and feel enveloped by the forest. All have hi-spec bathrooms complete with toiletries and hairdryers, telephone and Wi-Fi. Interior design is modern and minimalist and colours are warm and earthy reflecting nature.
The restaurant serves tasty and healthy organic cuisine based on local produce, complimented by a selection of fine wines. There’s a choice of indoor and outdoor relaxation areas plus a massage room and jacuzzi.
Activities take place in the private reserve. They include guided walks taking in varied terrain, plant, animal and birdlife, a Tarzan rope swing, the 2km dragonfly cable car ride, the skybike ride above a dramatic gorge, and walks to waterfalls and pools where you can bathe. You can also ascend the 26 metre observation tower for views over the forest canopy, visit the hummingbird garden and explore after nightfall with a guide helping you spot nocturnal creatures. The Life Centre has information about the cloudforest, its flora and fauna.
Mashpi Lodge highlights
- Stunning glass and steel lodge
- Soar over the forest on the skybike and dragonfly cable car
- Observe birds, animals and plants
- Cloudforest views from your bedroom
- Discover the forest after dark
- Relax with a massage or soak in the jacuzzi
- Delicious, beautifully presented food
- Commitment to the local community
Galapagos Travel Specialists
Talk to one of our specialists about
a tailor-made Galapagos holiday.
We will listen to you, then give you
great ideas and our best advice.
Call: +44 (0)1473 599082
mashpi Lodge location
- 19 Wayra rooms, 3 Yaku suites
- Open all year round
- Children are welcome, though there are age limits for certain activities. Interconnecting rooms make good family accommodation.
- Restaurant, Bar & Lounge
- Choice of guided walks
- Dragonfly cable car
- Rope swing
- Visit the observation tower
- Walk to waterfalls
- Swim in natural pools
- Night cloudforest walks
- Watch hummingbirds in the special garden
- Learn about the cloudforest at the Life Centre
Mashpi Lodge rooms
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday.
Call 01473 599082 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.