Imbabura Province in the north west of Ecuador
A modern style sanctuary and retreat set in the scenic Andean mountains.
The name Sacha Ji, means ‘beloved mountain’. This retreat has been designed with well-being and relaxation in mind. The location is a key part of the lodge’s wellness programmes, fusing the 4 elements: Imbabura Volcano, San Pablo Lake, the summer winds and the equatorial sun. Together with the beautiful scenery and the fresh mountain air, you can enjoy wonderful organic food, an array of relaxation therapies and feng-shui architecture. This is all you need to restore your energy, at the end of your stay, you will emerge feeling rested, restored and re-energised.
The lodge has 11 guest rooms, all en-suite and modern in design with stunning views of Imbabura Volcano and Lake San Pablo. Wooden floors, Andean rugs and local photographs add character and create a cosy atmosphere. Open fires, climate control, thermal windows and blackout curtains make this a comfortable haven where you can retreat at the end of each day.
Meal times, and more importantly the food at Sacha Ji are a focal point of the day. Most of the ingredients used are organic, and a large proportion of this is grown on-site in the lodge gardens, in fact you can see the gardens from the dining room. Meals are created from traditional recipes, served with a modern twist.
Communal areas consist of a reading room with a wide screen TV used for showing films, here you will also find WiFi internet access. The bar serves fresh fruit juices, herbal teas and a selection of wines. Outside, the lodge’s flat roofs provide space to relax, with hammocks and seating provided.
Yoga sessions, meditation and healing treatments such as reiki, reflexology, Ayurveda, massage and Andean cleansing are available. There is a hot tub with complementary polar pool to increase circulation and boost energy levels. This is an ideal opportunity to spend time exploring the local area, taking in the natural beauty and local culture.
Sacha Ji highlights
- Enjoy expertly prepared nutritious Andean cuisine
- Sample a wide variety of well-being therapies on-site
- Mesmerising views of Imbabura Volcano and San Pablo Lake
- Visit local markets including Otavalo
- Take a stroll in the well-tended gardens
- Explore the area on horseback or on foot
Galapagos Travel Specialists
Talk to one of our specialists about
a tailor-made Galapagos holiday.
We will listen to you, then give you
great ideas and our best advice.
Call: +44 (0)1473 599082
Sacha Ji location
- 11 rooms
- Open all year round
- The lodge is not suitable for young children
- Large yoga room with spectacular views
- Hot tub and pool
- Beautiful gardens and meditation area
- Roof terraces with hammocks and chairs
- Reading room with big screen
- Bar and gift shop
- Laundry service is available
- Treatment rooms for single or couples therapies
- An array of wellness treatments available, reiki, reflexology, massage
- Yoga classes and meditation sessions
- Equine assisted therapy is available (off-site)
- Horse riding
- Guided walking and trekking
- Visits to sites of interest, craft and food markets
- Andean cookery classes can be arrange for groups
There are 6 terrace rooms of 61sqm. There are 6 balcony rooms of 61sqm. There is 1 garden suite of 74sqm. There is 1 pool suite of 74sqm. All rooms have TV, DVD player, iPod dock, minibar, safe and large bathrooms.
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday.
Call 01473 599082 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.