“Absolutely loved the ship. The crew must have loved it too as they were very protective of it and kept it in a pristine condition. First class service and the food was just out of this world!” Adela Gregory
Price from: £3195 for 8 days
Samba is a former private yacht with lots of indoor and outdoor space offering excellent value for money in the Galapagos Islands.
Samba was built in 1996 and has 7 double cabins, all with air conditioning and private bathrooms. You’ll mix with other passengers in the salon and over meals in the dining room, while out on the deck you can soak up some sun as you enjoy the ever-changing views.
This classic motor sailing yacht is locally owned and the crew are all from the islands. They maintain the yacht in immaculate condition and provide a high level of service. There’s a collection of reference books which you’re welcome to look through, plus a selection of DVDs. The naturalist guide gives daily briefings about upcoming excursions so you’ll be well prepared for all your Galapagos adventures.
Samba key features
- Accommodates 14 passengers
- Air-conditioned, en-suite cabins
- Ample indoor and outdoor space
- Friendly and professional local crew
- Daily briefings from the naturalist guide
- Delicious, freshly prepared food
Galapagos Travel Specialists
Talk to one of our specialists about
a tailor-made Galapagos holiday.
We will listen to you, then give you
great ideas and our best advice.
Call: +44 (0)1473 599082
Itinerary A – 7 nights / 8 days
- TUE: Fly to Baltra. Santa Cruz: Bachas
- WED: Genovesa: Darwin Bay and Prince Philip’s Steps
- THU: Marchena: Punta Mejia and Playa Negra
- FRI: Isabela: Punta Albermarle and Punta Vicente Roca
- SAT: Fernandina: Punta Espinosa. Isabela: Urbina Bay
- SUN: Isabela: Elizabeth Bay and Punta Moreno
- MON: Isabela: Tintoreras, Wetlands and Wall of Tears
- TUE: Santa Cruz: Highlands. Depart Baltra
Itinerary B – 7 nights / 8 days
- TUE: Fly to Baltra. Santa Cruz: Highlands and Charles Darwin Centre
- WED: Floreana: Punta Cormorant, Champion and Post Office Bay
- THU: Espanola: Punta Suarez and Gardner Bay
- FRI: San Cristobal: Isla Lobos, Kicker Rock and Punta Pitt
- SAT: Santa Fe: Barrington Bay. South Plaza
- SUN: Santiago: Sullivan Bay and Bartolome
- MON: Rabida and Santiago: Puerto Egas
- TUE: North Seymour. Depart Baltra
There is 1 cabin (no. 7) on the upper deck with a lower double bed. It is 7.8 square metres and has a window rather than a porthole. The shower room, with running hot and cold water, is 1 step up from the bedroom.
|Year of construction:||1996|
|Type:||Steel-hull motor yacht with stabilising sails|
|Accommodation:||Lower Deck: 6 cabins; Upper Deck 1 cabin; all have double or twin beds, en-suite bathrooms with hot water and air conditioning|
|On Board:||Main salon with high definition LCD TV, DVD player, stereo equipment and small bar, dining room and bar. Outdoor deck space with sofas and sun loungers.|
|Maximum speed:||8.5 knots|
|Crew:||6 + guide|
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday.
Call 01473 599082 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.