Hacienda Zuleta dates back to the late 17th century. This working farm lies in 4000 acres and gives guests the opportunity to get a real glimpse into Ecuadorian life. You will be able to sample delicious local food made with the freshest produce from the hacienda’s own gardens. Fresh milk is obtained from the farm’s dairy cows, cheeses are handmade and accompanied by freshly baked organic bread. Organic vegetables accompany the main dishes at mealtimes, which are a family affair. You are treated as a family guest throughout your stay here and every effort is made to welcome you and make you feel at home.
Each guest room has been individually designed and furnished. Family pictures and gorgeous hand-embroidered linens add a personal touch and enhance the elegant antiques and classy furniture. The views are stunning too, looking out onto the gardens or surrounding mountains. All the rooms have en-suite bathrooms and some have private terraces, gardens or courtyards.
When you are not exploring the area, you can relax in the sitting room or library, with its cosy open fireplace. There is a self-service bar for a well-earned drink.
Hacienda Zuleta is a haven for lovers of the outdoors with hiking and horse riding readily available. Exploring the mountain paths and the forests on mountain bikes is another option. Another draw-card is Condor Huasi, the hotel’s Andean Condor conservation project, which is accessible on foot. Closer to home, you can visit the hacienda’s dairy and also the organic gardens giving you a real insight into local farm life in this area of Ecuador.
Hacienda Zuleta Highlights
- See condors at the Huasi Rehabilitation centre
- Experience local life in Zuleta village
- Explore on foot, horseback or mountain bike
- Savour tasty home-made bread and cheese
- Enjoy fresh organic produce from the hacienda’s gardens
- Sample family life at this home from home in Ecuador
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to Galapagos Islands. Tell us what you want, and we will tailor make your perfect trip.
- Several living rooms
- Satellite TV, DVDs and games
- Bar and tea and coffee available all day
- Beautiful gardens including an organic produce garden
- The farm has about 300 cows and 2,000 sheep
- The Andean Condor reserve is a 5km hike from the hacienda
- Visit Zuleta’s women’s co-operative for beautiful embroidery
- This is a great location for bird-watching
- Meet the local children at Zuleta library where they get help with homework
- The on-site stables offers horse riding for all riders from expert to novice
- Explore the archaeological sites near the hacienda dating back to 700AD
- Pop into the onside dairy and cheese factory
- Observe daily milking of the herd and perhaps help feed a calf
- Take a tour of the estate in a horse-drawn carriage
Children of all ages are welcome.
Wi-Fi is available in some areas of the main building, there is also a computer with 24 hour internet access.
- There are 17 guest rooms all located in the main building
- Each has en-suite facilities
- Authentic family pictures and hand-embroidered linens adorn the rooms
- The rooms have either garden or mountain views
- Some rooms have private gardens, terraces or courtyards
- Fireplaces provide added warmth in cooler evenings
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday. Call 01473 890499 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.