Evolution is an example of classic 1920s yacht design combined with the benefits of modern creature comforts.
Prices from: £4,960 p for 8 days
Evolution is an example of classic 1920s yacht design combined with the benefits of modern creature comforts. Accommodation is spread over 3 decks and there is ample room to relax.
Cabins vary in size and design but all have private bathrooms, climate control, safe and plenty of storage space, so comfort is assured. The lounge-bar is the social heart of the boat and this is where the naturalists give talks and presentations about island visits and you can watch DVDs and listen to music. Meals can be taken inside or out, as you choose. They are served buffet style, allowing you to make your own selection of dishes. The sky deck lounge is a great place to chill, enjoy a drink from the bar and survey views of the islands. At the bow you’ll find sun loungers and a jacuzzi. Evolution is equipped with kayaks, wetsuits and snorkelling equipment so you’ll have opportunities to explore for yourself when not on shore excursions. There’s a shop on board where you can buy gifts and souvenirs. Evolution offers dedicated family cruises with feature a Kid’s Club to keep the young ones busy and entertained.
- Accommodates 32 passengers
- Spacious yacht with lots of areas for relaxation
- Kayaks, snorkelling gear and wetsuits for passenger use
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas
- 2 resident naturalist guides
- Comfortable cabins with modern bathrooms
Itinerary A – 7 nights / 8 days
- SAT: Fly to Baltra. Santa Cruz: Ballena Bay and Eden Islet
- SUN: Isabela: Punta Vicente Roca. Fernandina: Punta Espinosa
- MON: Isabela: Urbina Bay and Tagus Cove
- TUE: Bartolome: Pinnacle Rock and Overlook. Santiago: Sullivan Bay
- WED: Santa Cruz: Bachas Beach and Cerro Dragon
- THU: Santa Cruz: Highlands and Charles Darwin Centre
- FRI: Espanola: Punta Suarez and Gardner Bay / Gardner Islet / Osborn Islet
- SAT: San Cristobal: Interpretation Centre. Depart San Cristobal
Itinerary B – 7 nights / 8 days
- SAT: Fly to San Cristobal. Ochoa Beach / Kicker Rock
- SUN: South Plaza. Santa Cruz: Punta Carrion / Mosquera and Daphne Island
- MON: Santiago: Sombrero Chino and Puerto Egas
- TUE: Genovesa: Darwin Bay and Prince Philip’s Steps
- WED: North Seymour. Santa Fe
- THU: Floreana: Post Office Bay and Punta Cormorant / Devil’s Crown
- FRI: Santa Cruz: Highlands and Charles Darwin Station
- SAT: Santa Cruz: Black Turtle Cove. Depart Baltra
All suites and staterooms have individual air conditioning, private bathroom with shower, hand basin, vanity unit, toilet and toiletries. Hairdryers are available. They have plenty of room for storing clothes and luggage, a safe and phone for on-board communication.
There are 3 suites on albatross deck, comprising 2 master queen-bedded suites (A1 & A3), 24.4 square metres and 18.8 square metres respectively, and a twin suite (A2) of 18 sqm, all with 2 windows each. A1 and A3 each has a bathroom porthole.
There are 9 premium staterooms on cormorant deck of which 4 (C1, C4, C5 and C9) each has a queen bed, and C2, C3, C6, C7 and C8 have 2 twin beds. C2 can also be configured as a queen bed. C1 is 18 sqm, C2 17 sqm, C3 17.5 sqm, C4 13 sqm, C5 13.5 sqm, C6 15.4 sqm, C7 17.5 sqm, C8 15 sqm and C9 18.4 sqm. All these staterooms have portholes.
There are 4 deluxe staterooms on Darwin deck, comprising 2 queen bedded (D2 & D3) and 2 twin rooms (D1 & D4). D1, D2 and D3 are 16 sqm, and D4 is 19 sqm. All have a porthole.
|Year of construction:||2003|
|Type:||Expedition cruise ship|
|Accommodation:||Bridge Deck: 3 junior suites; Main Deck: 9 cabins; Lower Deck: 4 cabins. All have climate control and private bathrooms.|
|On Board:||Dining room, outdoor dining area, lounge, bar and jacuzzi on Beagle Deck, outdoor lounge and bar and sun deck on Albatross Deck. Evolution carries kayaks, snorkelling gear and wetsuits.|
|Maximum speed:||12 knots|
|Crew:||18 + 2 guides|
Take the next step...
We know and love the Galapagos Islands, and would be delighted to help you plan your perfect Galapagos holiday. Call 01473 890499 and speak to one of our Galapagos travel specialists today.